Higher Technique in Radiology
Duration: 3 years
Start: MARCH 2024
Days of study: Tuesday and Thursday 6:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. (in person)
Saturday 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (taken online with four face-to-face meetings).
As a Senior Technician in Radiology you will be able to:
- Perform in the specialties of: Nuclear Medicine, Computed Tomography, Hemodynamics, Magnetic Resonance, Mammography, Bone Densitometry, Dental Radiology, among other things, to produce diagnostic images in hospitals, clinics and sanatoriums.
- Collaborate in the implementation of radioprotection and biosafety criteria, formulate standards.
- Develop teaching and training tasks in educational institutions.
- Implement community programs related to the specialty to promote good radio health practices and control security measures.
- Integrate research teams and hospital committees, designing and executing research work for the incorporation of new technologies and carrying out research and scientific activities.
- Carry out functions of technical leadership in Imaging Diagnostic Services, carry out highly complex studies in public or private management centers.
The Superior Technician in Radiology manifests transversal competences
all professionals in the Health sector that allow you to assume a
integral responsibility of the process in which it intervenes -from its activity
specific and based on accumulated experience- and interact with other
workers and professionals. These competencies and mastery of fundamentals
Scientists of the technology that it uses, and the knowledge of methodologies and techniques of diagnosis and treatment, give it a versatile base within its scope of performance that allows it to enter training processes to adapt flexibly to different professional roles, to work as interdisciplinary and team way and to continue learning throughout their lives.
First year - 1st Semester
- Biological Sciences
- Math workshop
- First aid
- Language, Logic and Argumentation
First year - 2nd Semester
- Human anatomy and physiology I
- Physics I
- Imaging techniques I
- Applied computing
- Technical English
Second year - 3rd Semester
- Human anatomy and physiology II
- Physics II
- Imaging techniques II
- Biological Chemistry
- General and institutional psychology
- Professionalizing practices I
Second year - 4th Semester
- Human Anatomy and Physiology III
- Imaging techniques III
- Biosecurity-conditions and environment
- Ethics and deontology of professional practice
- Pediatric radiology
- Professionalizing practices II
Third year - 5th Semester
- Computed tomography
- Introduction to research methodology and Biostatistics
Administration and management in health services
- Professionalizing practices III
Third year - 6th Semester
- Magnetic resonance
- Public health and epidemiology
- Professionalizing practices IV